MYST POST #3: Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings SOME INITIAL THOUGHTS I think this might be one of the least PG of the PG Disney movies -- which almost all of them are. From one teammate calling another an "a**hole" (is it silly to censor myself when Disney didn't?) to a "bad mother--," I was pretty surprised! This movie (mostly) tells the true story of the first Jamaican bobsled team to compete in the Olympics in the '80s (the movie was made in the '93). Quite the odd tagline, but it makes for a really inspirational, feel-good story of camaraderie, teamwork, and persistence. I'm not a huge Disney fan, but I'd rather watch this than Frozen 2 any day. The movie illustrates how each of the athletes, new to bobsled racing, found each other and their coach (John Candy) and form a kind of rag-tag group of characters. The movie takes us through their training, conflicts with their family and community as they make their way to the Olympics, and the racism they face at the han...
Comments
Post a Comment